jeudi 19 août 2010

# Amazing Sagrada Familia !

Last Tuesday, I re-visited Barcelone's Sagrada Familia. The six years since my first visit there made me forget how absolutely amazing this building is from the inside. Each pillar is a magnificient tree supporting vortex brick and concrete ceilings.
The chuch is of course still in construction and still will be for quite a while but I came to think that those high cranes in the sky could now be considered just as much as part of the building as the rest of Antoni Gaudi's architectonic inventions. Since the beggining of its construction the Sagrada Familia have seen two languages dialoging one with another: the incredible Gaudian architectural vocabulary and the technical support (scaffoldings, cranes, workers etc.) that is necessitated in order to build the former.







2 commentaires:

edmac78 a dit…

hahaha mon amie, I was there last week as well! too bad I didnt know

Léopold Lambert a dit…

No way !!! We should have met !!!!!